Hints about viewing pictures, slideshows, and video:
If the pictures are too small: Click on the picture to see a much larger version. Click the back button in your browser to return to the blog.
If you'd like the .jpg file for a picture, right click it and choose "Save Picture As..."
To see slideshows better: Click on the slideshow to "activate" it. Then click the plus to speed it up or the minus to slow it down. Hover over a picture to see the caption for that pic.
To play videos: Click the video to "activate" it and then click the "Play" button (the triangle). I like to pause it immediately and wait for the whole thing to buffer so I don't get blips while watching it.
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, June 6, 2009

Video of Samantha as she approaches the big 0-1!!!

Oh... there is so much to update you on! Our little champ has just been growing by leaps and bounds. Can you believe she'll be a year old on Wednesday. I know it's cliché to say "Where did the time go?" so instead, I'll say "Wow... so much has happened in a year and I can't believe this bundle of crawling, babbling, inquisitive joy is the same bundle of swaddled, floppy joy that we brought home from the hospital almost a year ago." Here are some video clips to give you a glimpse of what she's up to right now. She is at such a fun age and I seem to have this silly video camera rolling all the time! Hope you enjoy the clips!


June 5, 2009 - "FIX IT!!!"

Proud moment only a parent could appreciate: Earlier in the afternoon, Samantha was playing with this chain and it was one long piece. When she started to play with the chain again later, she seemed confused as to why it was in two pieces. Watch as she tries to solve the problem and put the chain back together the way she has seen mommy and daddy do it!




June 5, 2009 - "Pulling Hair"

You can hear me laughing in the background as Samantha pulls her own hair. She looks perturbed that it hurts... and yet she continues right on doing it. In all fairness, I shouldn't have been laughing because I think she was feeling some pain in her ears or was just really tired... but I found it humorous anyway!





June 2, 2009 - "No Touch"

We have just started working on telling Samantha what she can't touch... now that she's mobile enough to get to a bunch of stuff. This video shows the thought processes going on her head as she tries to decide if she should touch the outlets or not.




June 4, 2009 - "Searching For The Dogs"

We think that "Dog" might be Samantha's first word... but the jury is still out. Although she says "Da" a lot, whenever she sees a dog (or a picture of a dog, or a statue of a dog, or a figurine of a dog), she points and says "Da" in a slightly different way. I guess you have to be a nerdy parent to see and hear the difference!




June 1, 2009 - "Conquering The Stairs"

In this clip, you'll see that Samantha has pretty much mastered the stairs (well... at least going up. Down is a different story!). And to think she was still hesitant on the stairs about a week ago. Needless to say, we put gates up this week!




June 1, 2009 - "DADDY!!!"

I think this clip is funny because it sounds like Samantha is yelling at her Daddy. Fast forward about 10 years and I probably won't find this as funny! (BTW - After looking at this clip, you will understand why we went out and bought some plastic sheeting to put up on the banisters. Yet another baby proofing step that we've decided to implement.)



2 comments:

Elaine said...

OH my goodness Lisa, she is so adorable! Makes me miss my babies! And so smart too -I love how she was trying to put the chain together. And I LOVE how the dogs are standing there watching her while she's "considering" the outlets! They look like her protectors. So cute. ALMOST makes me want to give in to my girls and get them a dog.

Justin and Lorna said...

She is SO adorable. We're sorry to be missing her first birthday but super excited to see you all in one month. :)